banner

Roots ~ May they grow Deep


Lynn is hosting Thankful Thursday this week and she asks how wisdom changed your life.

Happy Birthday Lynn!!!  

As a child we were afraid to run toward the ocean alone. We felt a sense of panic in solitude and reach for a parents hand. As we aged we turned toward friends for that reassurance. We are often let down by them, because we place the bar to high for them. As we grow also in Christ we hold each persons hand a little more loosely and not see him or her as our main source of security.  God tells us not to trust people, not because He is unkind, but because He cares so deeply for us. He exhorts us to put out roots down deeply into Him, and Him alone.  This was taken from my bible study I am doing. 


Photobucket


Lord, I am so thankful for the tugging that you do on my heart. Please continue to help me to grow closer to you. May I be still, that I might hear you call me by name. Guide and direct my path and help my roots to grow deep into You, and You alone. 

~ Resting in Your arms, Trina 




11 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful Trina...may we all feel that tug and grow closer to HIM daily.

Rita T. said...

That's where we need to rest - in His arms. Loved your post tonight.

Melanie said...

Oh, yes... how lucky we are that God tugs at us and leads us!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Pia said...

what a beautiful prayer. amen!

happy TT. God bless!

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful post.

Sarah said...

Yes, we ae blessed because we have God the Creator and Redeemer and can always lead us to the right path.
Tanks Trina for your post.
Blessings

Mariposa said...

A very interesting post. Thanks for sharing...

Laurie Ann said...

Precious post. I loved it. Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Susan Schulz said...

Thanks for the post. Great reminder not to depend on people, but on God alone.

na said...

That was a wonderful post...thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

Trina,

Wow, excellent post... and girl, awe, thanks for the birthday wish. Hugs.

I am finally getting over to your place for Thankful Thursday…. Last week. Yikes, I am a bit behind. Thank you for honoring the Lord with your Thankful heart. I will see you again this Thursday. Hugs

PS. I forgot the computer tip last week but have a good one for this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin