banner

Cancer Update . . .


It has been a year today since I has a Radical hysterectomy to remove the Adenocarcinoma, Cervical Cancer that was found in my cervix. People say I was blessed that I did not have to have any type of radiation or Chemo. But, I have had SIX Pap smears and TWO PET Scans just this year alone and plan on having the same regiment in 2010. Then if all goes well, it will be cut in half for 2011. With each visit to the doctor I am on pins, not knowing what she will tell me. The PET Scans are the worse when I become radio active for 24 hours. I try to make fun when I am really scared deep down. It has been a tough year for me, in so many ways, I was a very out going person, active, and always willing to help out. I had to cut back on so much because of my health. And learn for the first time how to say the word NO! My husband who has always been my Night in Shinning Armor, has gone the extra mile this past year. He has been so nurturing and attentive to me when I am at my lowest. Above all he just holds me in his arms and lets me have a good cry when I need to. He is to good for me, God blessed me when I married him.



Last year I spent Shalyn's 7th birthday in the hospital and doped up all of Christmas and New Years . So this year we are having a BIG family birthday party on Friday night. We have gone a little crazy this Christmas and got the girls a few extra things. I can not wait to watch them open their gifts!! I want to watch each of them and see their eyes light up :)


I want to close with this:

CANCER as opened my eyes to the little things that I might have brushed aside in the passed. Learning to say NO has open a whole world to me that has been right under my very roof this whole time. I take each step one at a time and stop to smell both the Flowers and the Weeds. Together they make up a very special bouquet. God, thank you for BLESSING me with CANCER! To think that I am so special to You, that You would allow me to have CANCER, just blows me away. My prayer as always been that others would see and feel you as I do. Your breath now is just as warm as it was last year as You held me tight. You know me better then anyone, for I am your Princess and You are my King. I am ALIVE because of YOU . . . .

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

TRina,

I feel the same way. Enjoy your Christmas this year.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Such a beautiful sentiment and heartfelt response to the circumstances in your life. Have a blessed Christmas.

Pam said...

Trina,
Praying for you. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin