banner

$$$Word-Filled Wednesday$$$

Proverbs 31:16

16She considers a field and buys it; 
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.

Speaking of a women that is enterprising, prudent with money.

With what is going on in each home today wouldn't we all like to sharpened that within ourselves?

This month I was determined to try to cut our grocery bill by $100. Then a few days after that I ran into a friend at Publix. I noticed a binder that she had in her cart. When I asked her about it, she explained what it was how and how she keep all her coupons in order. This was not the first time I had heard of this. But it was the first time I had seen one first hand. I went away feeling motivate to give coupons a try again. Over the next few days I googled "Coupon Binder" and learned all I could. Then spent about 2 hours setting mine up. Then this Sunday I bought a double paper and clipped/filed the coupons. That took about 30 minutes. Then reviewed the Publix add, made a list and off I went. Here is what I bought for $38.16:
  • 6 boxes of Cereal
  • Pasta
  • 2 boxes of fruit snacks
  • sandwich bags
  • 4 cans of soup
  • 4 cans of cream soup
  • 2 salad kits
  • 2 bags of lettuce
  • 3 bags of powder potato's
  • dried craisin's
  • 2 tubs of whipped butter
  • 2 pints of strawberries
  • 2 cucumbers
  • wheat bread
  • Nail Clippers
  • 1lb of Sugar

The Sugar was the penny item. Most of every thing else I had coupons for. These are all items that we would have bought in a regular week. But with a savings of $55.53, I felt like I had just climbed a mountain. That is an average of $1.09 an item. Almost as good as going to the Dollar Store!

I hope this has been a encouragement to you. For more Word-Filled Wednesdays visit Amy.

In HIS Mighty Love,
Trina

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome. I love to save money with coupons and sales and be frugal with the money that God blessed us with. We do not have publix by us, but I saved a bunch yesterday.

Denise said...

That is great sweetie.

SoCalVal said...

I love the video of Michael W. Smith's song Grace. I got to see him in December... what an awesome ministry he has through music.

Valerie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

HennHouse said...

Funny, and so true.

Laurie Ann said...

Not familiar with publix but I do love to save money when I shop! Happy WFW!

Toia said...

That's awesome. I live about a minute or so from the Publix in my neighborhood. I always consider Publix to be too expensive. Not anymore. Coupons here I come!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! GREAT job

Amydeanne said...

what fantastic news on your cancer results!

and wow... great savings! I wish I lived in the usa for that sort of stuff... here there isn't much coupon clipping going on!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin