banner

Thankful Thursday

I am Thankful for my health!

A few weeks ago I found out that I had broken my leg. A month ago we were on our way home from a week at the beach and stopped for lunch. I had taken the dogs for a walk and some how step into a fire ant bed.(They were Alabama fire ants) The next afternoon my ankle became swollen. Going to the doctor and thinking that the swollen ankle was due to an reaction from the fire ants, he treated it with some steroid cream. So a month passed and it was still swollen he order me to have an ex ray. Come to find out that I had broken my fibula bone. Currently I am in an air cast for 3 more weeks and doing fine. Because I didn't know how I had broken it, the doctor order a bone scan and a visit to the osteoporosis doctor. My mother was told that she had the first signs of osteoporosis at a young age of 33. Knowing that it had me a little worried. This past Monday I got the results from the doctor and PRAISE the LORD my bones are as healthy as can be. I even have a high vitamin d count. So I am so grateful for my good health.

Pr 16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Lord, I am so grateful for Your word, that when we read it we receive the nourishment our souls need. May I be faithful to you as you are to me.

In His Mighty Love,

Trina


To read more Thankful Thursday blogs please visit: Sting My Heart !

6 comments:

Denise said...

Praising God for watching over your health sweetie.

Speaking from the Heart said...

Trina,

May your schedule be less hectic for the next 3 weeks.

Unknown said...

Praising God with you for good, healthy bones! My mom was diagnosed with the beginning stages of osteoporosis (in her 50s though), and will good diet and medication, it has been reversed! I'm so thankful that God takes care of our bones.

Have a blessed day!

MrsMomma said...

I'm so glad to hear that your bones are healthy, praising God for your health!

Trina, hope you don't mind, but I tagged you! http://mrsmomma.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Unknown said...

Praising God the xray showed that it was broken and you are on the mend!

Praising God for your precious little one who likes to dance around in her tutu with your dog!

That is so cute!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Trina!

I hope you heal quickly from the broken leg, and with no further complications.

Fire ants!? YIKES!

BTW - I still have that picture on my fridge that you posted on my hs lounge blog. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin