banner

Cooking Monday's w/Scottlyn

My heart is filled with the desire to train my daughters to be a blessing to there families and home as they grow into Godly young ladies. Mondays are now Scottlyn's day to cook our family dinner. Last week I gave her a slow cooker cookbook from Taste of Home. She was told to pick out four recipes that she would want to try. We then set down and pick two of them for her to cook the next two Mondays. This week she made Savory Beef Sandwiches and here is what hers looked like:


They were very yummy! This recipe feed the four of us along with our sweet neighbors and we still have some leftovers. The rest could be frozen to use as bake potato toppings next week. I bought two of the cookbooks for each of my daughters hope chest. I will do the same with Shalyn when she is 10 years old. I think that slow cook recipes are easy and a great way to teach my daughters how to cook wonderful meals. When they complete a recipe they will rate/date it using a star system with 4 being the best stars. They can refer back to the date and stars when looking at the recipe again. Maybe even remembering when they first made it.

Thanks for visiting . . .

Blessings,



All your children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13



4 comments:

Jhona O. said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I am going to remember this and do this with my daughter...great idea!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

my hubs would love love love those. YUM

Speaking from the Heart said...

What a great idea !!! I need to do the same with Katherine.

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! My daughter is 2.5 and I always wonder what age is a good age to start preparing...of course she "stirs" things up for me now! LOL

I loved the skirts above, too. I don't know how to sew but want to so bad. A lady at church has offered to help.

Looking foward to skipping and browsing around!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin